Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Dream Catcher - Beneficial or Decorative

We all have dreams when we sleep, the kind we have no control over. Few we may remember, but most are lost as soon as we open our eyes. I dream so close to reality that at times I have to ask if I already had a conversation or dreamed it. At one time I was plaque by nightmares pretty consistently.

I see people in my dreams and in a short time, I happen to run into them when I'm out or receive a call out of the blue. The dreams usually show how the encounter happens, but I never seem to put the pieces together until it all starts to happen. For the most part my dreams are pretty mild these days, which is such a relief.

In my mind the dreamcatcher is used to protect us from nightmares while offering insights into our subconscious.

I have been drawn to dream catchers for many years now, but wanted something that suited me and my particular style. About a year or so ago, my husband and I found a large simple one that could be modified to be exactly what I envisioned. The final outcome was this gorgeous red and purple dream catcher that hangs directly about our bed. The hope is all the nightmares will be blocked and only the positive, supportive, inspirational, insightful dreams will find their way into my sleep.

However, there is one that always slips right through when I'm drowning in stress, projects, obligations, health, etc. It comes as a reminder that something has to give to allow life to return to its best pace. I learned this lesson about 10 years ago when the dreams showed up three times in one week. Let's just say, driving across a bridge, then going off into the water is definitely representative of drowning. After the third dream I did some reading and it indicated that I was drowning in some area of my life.

Now, all these years later, I recognize the dream and get up to devise a plan to slow down, this could mean any one of several things: taking something off my to do list, change the timing of deadlines or delete unnecessary things, in order to allow my body to rest.


Recently I have redone a couple dream catchers for others that are unique to each individual's color and style. Although not everyone believes they can catch our dreams, they still make gorgeous decor pieces.


My dreamcatcher serves as a reminder to fall asleep with a hope of sweet dreams. 
What are your thoughts, beneficial or decorative?

No comments:

Post a Comment