Saturday, August 5, 2023

101 Things - August 2023 Update

First month with my 101 Things in 1001 Days has come to a close and I wanted to give an update on how my kickoff month went. I was able to complete five items on my list and got started on six.


ITEMS COMPLETED.

1) Write a letter to myself to open in 1001 days. 
This was easy, completed on day one, then placed inside my Day Zero journal.


67) Update evacuation checklist. 
Living in Southeast Texas, hurricane season is always a time to be prepared. Since, life has changed a bit the last few years it was time to update to insure nothing is missed.

5) Leave 100% tip for a server.
 I had the opportunity to have breakfast with my son as he traveled through Texas mid-month. We had a great visit at Cracker Barrel and since our server was wonderful, I chose to check this item off my list.

61) Go through homeschool records and condense. 
This was a little bittersweet as I worked my way through the girls work in elementary and middle school only keeping things they may want to see someday. I enjoyed seeing all their drawings and projects from when they were so young. I also went through all my lesson plan books and tossed them out, those were not needed and I have digital records of all the important things.

22) Purchase new couch for the living room. 
When I added this to the list it was not in the immediate plans, however when out shopping one day with my husband we decided to check out a few furniture stores, looking for a pair of chairs. We never expected to find a couch that we both liked and a chair that worked perfectly with the couch. Needless to say, I did not get what I was looking for, but did check something off my list earlier than expected.


ITEMS IN PROGRESS
A few of these will take some time while others may only take a few months.


30) Watch 10 TED Talks.
 I received a few recommendations from my sister early on in the month and chose one to get started, then did another of my choosing late one night before bed. Two down, eight to go. Here are links to what I've watched so far.

50) Play 5 new board games. 
During that breakfast with my son, who is an avid board gamer, we played my first new game of the year. Knowing we would be in public and have limited space he brough along Rhino Hero, a stacking card game. Being the shortest one in our family he couldn't resist taking this photo of me as I had to stand up for each of my plays to be able to see what I was doing. We played a couple rounds before our food arrived and one following, then enjoying a chat outside in the rocking chairs before heading our separate ways.



 63) Finish local author books I have purchased. 
A few months back I purchased a couple books from a young local author who wrote this first book when he was 12 years old. He wrote a second book the following year, to continue the story.

68) Update all online passwords. 
I am about halfway through all these, taking the time to login and insure nothing is recorded incorrectly. I am also actually rewriting the list to organize similar websites making it easier to locate, because some are used less often than others.

76) Complete a coloring book. 
I had planned to do a children's coloring book with my granddaughter, and purchaesed us matching Buc-ee's books. However, I have started working in one of several mindful coloring books I have using pencil colors for some pages and markers for others.  



69) Keep a journal for Day Zero challenge. 
I purchased a few journals the week before kicking off my 1001 days and added my list in the front of one immediately. The others will be used for various journaling prompts throughout this challenge.


I think that's a pretty good start for this 1001-day journey, check back next month to see what else I manage to check off my list.
Have you joined the Day Zero Challenge and made your list?





1 comment:

  1. Yippee for FIVE things checked off already! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete